Okay, so I decided to join in. Here is what you do...
1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If we're only blogging friends, write about a post that is the most memorable for you.
2. Next, if you feel so inclined, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll be sure to write one about you...!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
memories
at
1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Pixie is a ray of sunshine. She scatters sunshine everywhere she goes. She willingly serves others with no regard to herself or any inconvenience it causes her. She gives unceasingly. She buys little things that she thinks you will like, she gives her time and and talents willingly. She does people's hair (that is her profession) many times at no charge, because she is sweet. She brings her hair cutting stuff to every gathering, because someone inevitably asks her to do their hair.
My memories? I have lots, because she is my daughter.
One of my fondest was when she was small. Her younger sister, we now call Nurse in her blog, knew the rules, DO NOT CROSS THE ROAD TO GO SEE GRANDMA WITHOUT HOLDING SOMEONE'S HAND. So she asked Pixie to hold her hand, Pixie was 5, Nurse, was 3.
We were missing Pixie and Nurse and called Grandma. Of course they were happily set up at the table with cookies and milk, and something to draw with.
Her excuse? "Nurse" made me do it!" Her younger sister made her take her across the road. Yeah, that is probably true, Nurse always did and still does take charge, even when she was small, and Pixie always went along with it.
Pixie is an inspiration to me. I admire her art skills. She can pick up a pen and make an ordinary piece of paper into a piece of art. I love her gentleness with children. Her little nephew thinks of her as his second mom. You should have seen her with her beloved 3-year-old Primary Class. Not only did her cute kids LOVE her, so did all the parents. When I visit that ward she used to belong to, I am inundated by parents who all tell me how much they love her.
Another cherished memory? Her birth. I shall not forget those amazing beautiful eyes staring up at me. There was total peace in the room as we stared into each other's eyes. She seemed to totally understand me and there was so much trust. Amazing for a newborn. I bonded with her that moment and have never stopped loving the stuffing out of her.
One more thing. When she was small, she thought that she would grow up to become my mother and I would grow down to become her daughter. When I tried to explain, she burst into tears. Her heart was set on becoming my mother.
Now that I think about it, she may just do that, as I become old and frail, and she takes care of me, she probably will become my "mother" and I will be the "daughter". She is very wise.
She is such a darling person.
Pixie, I LOVE YOU.
~mom
I think you know the memory I'm thinking of. You know, the exploding dinner? That was great, cleaning up all that glass. And Travis went out and bought Burger King for us instead. I think that was the night we officially met you. And then you bought me 2 new casserole dishes to replace the 1 that I blew up. 2! And with lids! You have had a special place in my heart ever since. ;)
Jammie pants and Smiles in the "snack bar" at the good old Springville WM watching a movie on the big screen...that is one of my fondest memories of you. We had such fun working that season...I miss the fun...NOT the job ;) Miss you too hon! Until later...
the one that comes to mind immediatly would be when you moved into our apartment at 3 in the morning and we didn't even know it until we woke up the next morning and found the note you left us on the floor. we were a little weirded out!!!
also the time you cut my hair with kitchen scissors before you started beauty school!!!
Memories...where do I start. Of course I do have to mention the beginning-how it all started. There I was in 1st grade minding my own business when the door opens and there stands a girl with her hair pulled back into a bun, navy blue shirt with an orange sun, brown courdoy pants, and blue shoes. You know the rest of how that first day of school went for you.
Other memories-walking around the 4 square blocks without shoes, walking around the Carroll's house after swimming again and again until we got grounded. Clogging-that in and of it self brings a lot of memories.
Our crush on Ricky Wright, Justin Carroll, and others, if they'd come to mind right now.
Playing barbies at each other's houses while listening to Debbie Gibson, jumping on your trampoline with those bras I got from my cousin. Then there's the night we stayed up all night in my parent's tent trailer.
I've got a million more, but it better stop. Love you!!!
I remember going on exchanges with you, Sis. Parker and Sis. Scholl in Randallstown and Damascus. You were always so fun to hang with, so cute and you totally got me a pic of a street sign that said SoLar. :) You always had beautiful hair and a smiley smile for everyone!
I remember November 8, 2000 right after my Parents left me in the MTC and I had bawled my eyes out, and I was standing in line waiting to get my name tag and envelope of stuff. I was thinking about my family leaving, and next thing I know this prettiest, nicest girl named Sister Hahn introduced herself to me, and then I found out we were going to the same mission. Then I was disappointed we weren't MTC companions. But lucky for you you got Sister Freeman. :-) Thanks for helping me not be sad!
Post a Comment