a woman was asked by a co-worker, "what is it like to be a christian?" the co-worker replied, "it is like baing a pumpkin. God picks you from the patch, brings you in, washes all the dirt off of you. Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc., and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."
i got this in church today, and i thought it was cute
Sunday, October 14, 2007
pumpkin analogy
at
7:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, for a minute, I was a little horrified about the "cutting the top off" part, but I guess that part is really not as literal as the rest?
cute story, thanks for sharing, sweet B
I like it. I also like the one that says that spending time in church doesn't make you a Christian any more than spending time in the garage makes you a Chevy. But I think that it helps.
Post a Comment