Wednesday, November 07, 2007

huh. sure enough.

most of the time, when i go to work, it is work. people walk in, demand service, it is provided and paid for and they leave. but sometimes it is rewarding. like yesterday, i had two women request that i cut thier hair. and i will be honest. i didnt really remember them until they were leaving and it all started coming back. but by then it was too late. ANYWAY. the one just got a trim and the other showed me a picture and i set to work. i knew what i was doing, and i knew that i knew it. but it wasnt until i styled it that i realized that i could! it looked GREAT! and almost exactly like the picture. it is easy in these situations to discredit yourself and say, "well it was just an a-line and of course texture-twist is going to make it look good" but then i thought, "wow. i AM a hairdresser! i DO know what i'm doing! that WAS easy, but that's because i have a talent! and NO! she COULDN'T have done that by herself." its these days i love my job

5 comments:

Annieofbluegables said...

That is a wonderful conclusion you came to. I think people around you see it before you do. It is the same in my sewing, and it wasn't until I have done something epic and on my own, that I realize, "I can do it!" You just came to that conclusion much earlier in your life than I did. Good Job
mom

Katie said...

well you can do it! and i am glad that you can come to that conclusion. i don't think i am quite there on that one yet. at least career wise... i have a few years of nursing school... and then a few years after that to feel really good about it.

Mike said...

Love your blog. YOU ARE WAY TALENTED!!! That sounds so much like Utah lingo...I digress. You are a very talented person. I think your friends and family have known that for years, but it is quite an awesome discovery when you realize for yourself that you are talented and amazing. I am still not there, but am getting closer.

Louis said...

I miss your blogs!!! What is going on? Is everything okay? Do you ever think you will blog again...

pixiestylist said...

ya, i'll blog again, i'm just kinda stuck right now. sort of at a loss of interesting things to say :)