Tuesday, May 06, 2008

R is for....

ROBBERS!!! the sad part is, that my entire life (ask anyone) i've ALWAYS been terrified of "robbers" these are ANY persons committing ANY crime. (kidnappers, real robbers, burglars (sp?), rapists, etc. so really the last thing i need to make me feel "at ease" (not abnormally paranoid) is for my place of work to be robbed at gunpoint. as mentioned in "q is for..." i had luckily asked for this day off a LONG time ago...


this is a copy/paste from kutv.com (i would put a link, but the link i copy/pasted from yesterday changed by today, so this is will have to do):

Police are still looking for violent robbery suspects who hit three different businesses at gunpoint in the Avenues section of Salt Lake City on Monday night.

The robberies followed a nearby carjacking near the State Capitol.

According to authorities, a man hijacked a car on Main Street and was then accompanied by a few of his friends. The group then drove to the Avenues, jumped from the vehicle and hit three businesses.

A Subway sandwich shop, Henries Cleaners and a Dollar Cuts hair salon were all hit by the armed robbers.

It was a terrifying experience for 18-year-old Peter Burton - an employee at Dollar Cuts.

“I was horrified,” Burton told 2News. “When I turned to look, he just came across and pistol whipped me in the back and left a nice little gash on my head.”

In addition, a woman walking nearby was also robbed at gunpoint by one of the men.

"At that time, that person turned around, walked up to her and grabbed her purse... put a gun in her face and asked her if she was ready to die today," said Lt. Isaac Atencio of the Salt Lake City Police Department.

Officers worry that the aggressive robbers could strike again.

“We hope that if anyone had any information they could stop this from happening again before somebody gets hurt seriously or killed,” said Salt Lake Police Lt. Rusty Isakson.

The suspects were reportedly riding in a light-colored SUV -- perhaps a Chevrolet Tahoe.

Police are asking for the public’s help to find the suspects. Officers said any information should be called in to the Salt Lake Police.

4 comments:

Annieofbluegables said...

I am so glad you had the day off, but I am so terribly sad for those who were there.
I am glad no one was killed. I hope they get those bullies and slap them in jail for a LONG LONG time

love you dear daughter
~mom

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Oh man that is SCAREY! I am glad that you had the day off too. Why do people do things like this, honestly...

Congrats to your sis and your new little neice!

Grandma Cebe said...

The next day, we got an email from Peter's mother telling about his experience. Kent was Peter's teacher's advisor and we know him well. We are glad that he is going to be OK. We're also glad that you had other plans for Monday.

P.S. I've never posted here before. I'm KT's MIL.

Katie said...

yeah- i'm glad you had the day off too. nothing would have been worse than to have your worst nightmare come true. aaahhh it makes me sick! i secretly knew something was going to happen and THAT is the REAL reason i had leila on monday... heh heh.